Rendezvous 2019 Funny Stories Around the (Fake) Campfire!

Any topic related to our Camano boats

Rendezvous 2019 Funny Stories Around the (Fake) Campfire!

Postby NorthVanBob » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:15 pm

For those of you who were there, the Funny Stories Around the (Fake) Campfire session at Port Browning two years ago was a hoot. This year, it's basically the same idea. It'll be on Saturday afternoon - exact timing to be confirmed.

I'm sure that many of us (including yours truly) have had the occasion, while on our beloved Camanos, some with pets, kids, and/or nautically disinclined guests, to be embarrassed, humiliated, lost, confused, humbled, surprised and, on those never-to-forget days, in intense states of hilarity. That's the kind of raw materials that can make for a great funny story! IDEAL story length is 5 minutes.

Also, feel free to use props - and I don't mean the 4-bladed kind!

I'd appreciate knowing up front that I have a few volunteers willing to share their truly most funny Camano (or boating in general) stories so just let me know at bobpurdy@shaw.ca or reply to this post. I'll make sure you're in the lineup!

For those who just want to be spectators, be warned, you may be enlisted to be on the panel of judges! So bring your story instead!

Looking forward to seeing you all very soon, pleasant cruising in the meantime.

Bob (and Patricia) Purdy
'Little Charmer' Hull #26
Genuine "Warman 150"
NorthVanBob

Return to Open Topics